BACKGROUND & CHALLENGE
Despite EU and national policy efforts & initiatives, disadvantaged groups continue performing worse, participating less & benefiting less from adult education opportunities than other learners. The lack of systematic evaluation & impact monitoring aiming at disadvantaged adult learners results in insufficient data, preventing adult learning providers from taking informed decisions and designing practices to improve effectiveness on disadvantaged groups. Adult learning providers need methodologies, tools and guidance to engage in a self-review process and adopt a systematic monitoring system to generate sufficient evidence to understand and evaluate their effectiveness on disadvantaged learners.
1. Identify the most important factors that affect effectiveness of adult learning providers on EU disadvantaged adult learners.
2. Develop & provide adult learning providers with a validated framework and a self-assessment methodology on effectiveness towards disadvantaged, to engage them in a self-review process and improve the existing monitoring techniques.
3. Produce open resources and recommendations for practices and policies to enable adult learning providers to improve effectiveness of adult education provision for disadvantaged.
ACTIVITIES & METHODOLOGY
1. Desk research and focus groups to identify the factors influencing adult education effectiveness on disadvantaged.
2. Development of a common framework, implementation guide and self-assessment methodology for evaluating the effectiveness of adult learning providers on disadvantaged learners.
3. Exchange of successful practices to produce recommendations for improvements on the effectiveness of adult education provision for disadvantaged.
4. Training of the partnership’s adult learning providers on the use of the IMPADA framework and tools and on the design of improvement measures.
5. Self-assessment of providers to pilot test the IMPADA framework and tools and to produce improvement plans.
6. Creation of a network of IMPADA adopters to facilitate the sustainability of results.
7. Promotion of IMPADA outputs through multiplier events.
Start Date: 01-11-2015
Ending Date: 31-10-2017
Duration in months: 24